So you're a talented dancer with a big heart!
Read on for information on how to become a Company Dancer.
Georgetown dance project company dancers
We take dancers of all ages and most styles of dance. In order to audition as a dancer in the Georgetown Dance Project, all you need to do is email a personal dance video (or a link to a video via Dopbox/Youtube), along with filling out the form below. You will be notified within two weeks, via email whether your skill level is enough to become one of our Company Dancers. If so, then you will be admitted as an "Apprentice". Your ranking in the company will rise as you give more service hours.
Send in a dance video of only you dancing for 2-5 minutes. We recommend you wear dance attire that reveals style and technique clearly. Your dancing can be any style that you wish, or a combination of clips with different styles. We encourage well rounded dancers and appreciate all wholesome styles. Email video or video link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Georgetown Dance Project requires a certain level of age appropriate skill to participate as a Company Dancer. We also require that once you are admitted into the Company, you take at least one hour per week of a technique class, in any style, from any studio. Because we want our dancers to be good technicians, we will periodically reach out to your home studio owner to verify that you are attending your weekly technique classes. Georgetown Dance Project is not a studio business. If however, you wish to take a weekly technique class through Georgetown Dance Project, and are not a scholarship student in need, you will be asked to pay a tuition of $50/month or $500 annually if paid up front. 100% tuition paid to Georgetown Dance Project goes directly back into the nonprofit to accomplish our vision of giving back to the community through dance. Ask us about Supporting Studios who care about serving our community and will support your involvement.
Company Member Requirements:
"Apprentice" Level Company Dancers
- These dancers have submitted their personal dance video and information to GDP and been accepted as Company Dancers.
- They take at least one hour a week of a dance technique class anywhere of their choice. Verification from GDP with your home studio will occur.
- They donate a minimum of 4 hours of service within 6 months of acceptance.
"Artist" Company Dancers
- These dancers completed everything on the "Apprentice" Level, in addition to 10 hours of service hours.
"Soloist" Company Dancers
- These dancers completed everything on the "Apprentice" Level, in addition to 20 hours of service hours.
"principal" Company Dancers
- These dancers completed everything on the "Apprentice" Level, in addition to 40 hours of service hours.
Ways to earn service hours:
- Rehearsal time with Georgetown Dance Project.
- Time preparing and performing for groups in need.
- Time preparing and teaching underprivileged youth dance.
- Time choreographing dance pieces for service performances.